About Me

My photo
Just a young girl wandering in to the world of photography, beauty and fashion...

Wednesday 5 May 2010

April Favourites!

Hello my lovely ladies :)
Hope you are all doing well. I certainly am not at the moment.
Today is Wednesday 5th May, and I have not been to school today due to a banging headache everytime I stand up! However, I have been watching many YouTube videos and reading blog posts and have just watched one of Busted's songs! Oh, how I miss them... ;)
So thats a little update about me for ya ;)

Anyway, as you can probably tell, I'm doing my April favourites!
I know it might be a little bit late (?) but I'm going to do it anyway!
So, I have a few (by a few, I mean A LOT!) different things to talk about and this is my first 'favourites' video on my blog so here goes!




L-R:

  • No7 Extreme Length mascara
  • E.L.F Eyelid Primer
  • 17 Eyeshadow in Mardi Gras
  • E.L.F Studio Eyebrow Kit in Dark
  • 17 Blush and Glow in Strawberry Swirl (L.E)
  • MAC lipstick in Angel (Frost)
  • Rimmel Colour Show Off in Tell No One
  • Sleek IDivine Pallette in Sunset

No7 Extreme Length Mascara:
My favourite mascara EVER. I love this. I love the wand it has as it is small and bendy and gets right in to the corner of the eye to grab those almost-none-existant eyelashes. It is really black and makes my eyelashes really long! I thankfully have 2 of these small ones (available with the free gifts you get when you spend a certain amount of money on No7) that my grandma kindly gave when she only wanted the skin care stuffs.

E.L.F Eyelid Primer:

Okay, so to be honest, I think people pay so much money on eyelid primers its crazy! So I know people are might hate on me for this and I have never tried the Urban Decay Primer Potion but I think this could be as good as the UDPP *cowers in corner*. I might think totally differently if I try it and probably would but I can't afford to spend that much money of something that you can get for a fraction of the price. This E.L.F primer dosent make my eyeshadow crease and makes the colours a lot more vibrant! Sorry if you disagree...

17 Eyeshadow in Mardi Gras:
This eyeshadow is one of my favourite eyeshadows out my bunch. These are really cheap and retail at about £3.50 (i think) and this is the best colour out the ones I own from 17. I often wear this alone when I'm being lazy and it looks just as effective as with other colours in the crease and outer corner. It looks great with just eyeliner and a coat or two of mascara. Love it.

E.L.F Studio Eyebrow Kit in Dark:
This is great for the amount of money it is. It really leaves my eyebrows look defined and they stand out. When I have it on it kinda reminds of Lady Gaga's eyebrows in 'Telephone'! I love this and i love the little brush that goes with it (a small double sided angled brush and powder brush) which are so cute and really soft.

17 Blush and Glow in Strawberry Swirl (L.E)
I am so gutted that these were limited edition as I got this one quite late as it is :( I should've tried to grab another one but at the moment this is my 'go to' blusher as it is a gorgeous colour and the 'white' bit is shimmery and leaves your cheek bones looking highlighted and lovely. It also gives a nice glow to your skin.

MAC lipstick in Angel (Frost):
This is my all time favourite lipstick! It goes fab with my skintone and I reckon it would go with most skin tones. It is so creamy and leaves my lips feeling really moisturized when i put it on. I'm sure most people have this and I will definiatly be snapping up another one of these when I run out! However, right now I'm saving it and using up my other lippies as I have a few I dont wear. Oopies! Btw, I heard this was the one Kim Kardashian uses a lot?

Rimmel London Colour Show Off lipstick in Tell No One:
First of all, these smell DELICIOUS! They smell like fruit and yummy goodness! I love it. This colour is unlike none in my collection and is a lovely sort of coral colour. I had been looking for the perfect coral colour and then I found this. I think this would suit every skin tone and would be a perfect substiute for red. I find this is a really strong colour so I tend to put a bit in the centre and even it out in the centre. Its gorgeous if your looking for a pop of colour and the perfect shade for spring/summer!

Sleek IDivine Pallette in Sunset:
I have this pallette in original and I find I use and like this pallette a lot more due to the more neutral colours in it. They are all shimmery but not too crazy like the original is but just the right amount. They have one or two matte colours in them and I do personally like matte colours so I wished it had more. But hey ho. Its really lovely to create a natural, easy look or a vibrant, colourful look. The colours blend really well and are all very pigmented (especially the black!) Love this one!


So that is all of my favourites! Sorry if it got boring but I thought
it would be a perfect oppertunity to do a post as I had some free time.
Anyway, I still feel horrible so I'm going to sleep now!

Hope you enjoyed and I'll right soon!
Lots of love
Maddy xxxxx










2 comments:

  1. i lovee the sleek palettes! theyre amazing quality for such cheap prices :) you should definitely check out the storm palette if you like neutrals.. its gorgeous! and it has about 3/4 matte colours i think. <33

    ReplyDelete
  2. yeah i think i will and i like mattes because theyre easier to wear!
    thanks for the comment and following <3

    ReplyDelete